Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One week



"Live, seeking God, for there is no life without God." - Tolstoy
"Живи, отыскивая Бога, и тогда не будет жизни без Бога." -Толстoй

This time next week I will be at O'Hare airport for my flight to London for a three-day orientation with the rest of my group before heading to St. Petersburg. Althought I have been waiting to live and study in Russia for over five years, only now is that goal about to be realized. As of now, I am simultanesouly nervous, excited, anxious, and heartbroken because while I have anticipated leaving for a long time, I will be leaving my family, friends, and most profoundly my future husbandand best friend.

Yet, I am thankful for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and know that it will be a defning point in my college experience. And as my mentor from church at school said, I'll be home in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment